Cookies Policy of Matthew Algie
Cookies Policy of Matthew Algie
- Policy Statement
1.1 matthewalgie.com is a site operated by Matthew Algie & Company Limited. We are registered in Scotland under company number SC028433. Our registered office is at Matthew Algie & Company Ltd, 16 Lawmoor Road, Glasgow, G5 0UL, UK.
- General Information
2.2. Essentially, cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
2.3. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does NOT give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- Cookies we use
3.1 We use the following cookies:
- a) Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site. The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website. This Website Will: Remember what is in your shopping basket Remember where you are in the order process Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
- b) Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our site and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- c) Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- d) Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information will be used by us and third parties to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
3.2. You can find out more information about the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
- Information we collect about you
4.1. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- a) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- b) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Turning Off Cookies
5.1 You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. The Help function within your browser should tell you how to do this. For more information about how to change your browser settings please see: www.aboutcookies.org. Doing so however is likely to limit the functionality of our site.