3 DAys, 25 points
Delve deeper into the science of extraction focusing on temperature and its impacts, acidity levels through the brewing, how water quality will affect extraction and flavour and extract to a given percentage using charting and refractometry.
What we will cover
- Roast levels and how this affects flavour
- Take a look at by-pass and how this can be used to better the cup
- Grind size, extraction, temperature and water chemistry
- The break down of coffee aroma, taste and how it changes with time
- Ways of holding brewed coffee
Ideal for someone who has completed the intermediate level with a further 12 months experience working towards a professional career in coffee
Member £825 including exam, Cert Fee (180 EUR) and VAT
Non Member £900 including exam, Cert Fee (270 EUR) and VAT
Availability for this course
Our SCA training courses are taught from our training campuses in Glasgow, London and Dublin. View our course availability below then click the 'Still Interested?' tab to contact, book or enquire about future classes.
|5th, 6th, 7th November 2019
||9.00-17.00 each day